I think it's quite a fun to go there as a kid or a teenager. They have all kind of movie props on display and you can watch some scenes from horror movies and listen to the different types of scary sounds/music used in horror movies. There are also sci fi and fantasy sections, plus music exhibitions. We went there only the second half of the day and actually didn't manage to see all the exhibitions before closing. So make sure you have enough time.
After spending time at EMP you can relax at the International Fountain which is located right next to the EMP. It was quite fun to see the kids running and playing in the water.
Some useful links
- Beneath the Streets: http://www.beneath-the-streets.com/
- Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park: https://www.nps.gov/klse/index.htm
- International Fountain: http://www.seattlecenter.com/locations/detail.aspx?id=8
- Experience Music Project Museum: http://www.empmuseum.org/
- ACT Theatre: http://www.acttheatre.org/