We stayed three nights on the coast in the small village called Ballintoy. It is a cozy small village conveniently close to several main sights. Also the hiking route Causeway Coast Way goes through Ballintoy. The coast line is just spectacular - we could have spent there more than just 3 nights. We spent our time walking and visiting small towns and actually didn't have enough time to do it all - for example the walled city of Derry. The weather was changing very often - having a wind- and waterproof jacket is a must.
1. North Antrim Cliff Path. It's an amazing hike offering amazing views at every step you take. There's quite a lot of going up and down and I think we walked it around 2.5 hours one way. On the way we also saw some escaped sheep - looked like a couple of lovers.
2. Giant's Causeway. It's a Unesco Heritage Site and extremely popular. You can go to the visitor center and get the audio guide. We didn't do it, but just went straight down to the shore from the hiking route. It's unbelievable how nature has created such pillars.
3. Carrick-a-Rede rop bridge - another highly popular tourist attraction. If you don't want to stay in the ticket queue - buy the tickets online in advance. This will not save you from the queue at the bridge. The staff lets only limited number of people on the bridge at the same time, therefore there's quite some waiting time. Once you get to the small island, you can see some seabirds very close. When returning, you have to wait in the line again.
4. Glenariff Forest Park. We did the 3-mile waterfall walk and it's probably one of the most beautiful forest walks you could do in your life. The whole atmosphere feels mysterious - it's so lush and green.
5. The Dark Hedges - it's said to be the most photographed and filmed road in Ireland and I can see why. We were there with not so nice weather and it was still crowded with tourists (you can see the crowds on my photos). I can only imagine how it would feel like to be there in the morning light when first sun rays start to come through the leaves...
These were definitely my top 5. But there were other nice places as well. Below are some more photos. I wouldn't mind going back to this area again...